The Joy of the Lord is my Strength

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength

Monday, October 24, 2011

Hilton Head Beach

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.

Psalm 57:7-11


Kids enjoying the cool crisp day at the beach
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 Cor. 13 4-8


May God arise, may his enemies be scattered...Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds, his name is the Lord and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling...Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our slavation. Selah... Psalm 68


...take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the SWORD of the Spirit which is the WORD of GOD... Ephesians 6:16-17

I will make you fishers of men... -Jesus



Everyone who calls upon the name of the LORD will be saved. Romans 10:13

Look to the cross of Christ.


We had Military Marriage Retreat this past weekend at Hilton Head. It was great to get away with the family and to get to know and encourage other military families. David did a great job teaching through the 5 Love Languages among other materials. Thanks to all of those who kept the weekend and families in your prayers. We continue to pray for these families, that God's love, truth, peace, joy, hope, power and very presence would permeate our homes.




Isaiah 61:1-2 "The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to teh poor, He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor..."




This is JESUS and His Spirit working in and through His faithful ones. May we all be found faithful.



By His Grace alone,

The Arthurs <><




*on a side note, if anyone knows how to make phone pictures bigger on blogs:) let me know!! or to center the top blog picture. haha not the most computer/technologically savy one.


No comments: